It’s with great pleasure that I introduce our latest Shed judge for Shed of the year 2012 – Neil Gaiman.
If you have been hiding under your shed for the last few years – Neil is an internationally renowned author of fiction, graphic novels, TV and films.
He also writes from his Shed near Minneapolis in Minnesota (this extract taken from Alex’s authoritative shedworking book)
“I had the gazebo built about 15 years ago and go through phases of using it, and then I’ll abandon it for 5 years, then rediscover it with delight,” he says.
“I love walking to the bottom of the garden, and settling down to write. Nothing ever happens down there. I can look out of the window and some wildlife will occasionally look back, but mostly it’s just trees, and they are only so interesting for so long, so I get back to writing, very happily.
There are heaters down there, because it gets cold here in winter, and blankets on the chairs, ditto, and I have to try and remember not to leave bottles of ink on the table as they freeze.
It’s just out of reach of the house wi-fi, too, which is a good thing.”
We hope you will welcome Neil as a Shed of the year judge and I look forward to his many fans learning to love sheds as much as we do, here on shedblog and readersheds.
Shed Week 2012 will take place during the week starting 2nd July 2012 – If you would like more information then please contact me.
Behind the shed
Top Posts & Pages
- How to power your shed or garden office
- Does your shed have a weird name
- 7 Fun Pets Anyone Can Keep In The Comfort Of Their Garden Shed!
- 12 Amazing Garden Pub Sheds - You Need To Have In Your Yard
- Shed based inspiration quotes
- Contact Us
- Readersheds = Readerswives?
- Shed week sponsors Cuprinol have really got a shed load of new colours to paint yours
- Repairing a shed roof - Roofing Felt or Shingles?
- ‘THE FRANKENSHED’ WINS CUPRINOL SHED OF THE YEAR 2023