The aim of the blog is to promote the world of sheds and will also concentrate on the sheddies who share their sheds for Shed of the year.
A bit of history
- Readersheds started in 2001 – as I wanted to looks at photos of sheds online to get an idea for mine – but there was nothing out there.
- I never did get a great shed at that time (but that’s another story) – the site went from strength to strength with every shed added – and the sheddies community blossomed still is the reason I do this..
- In 2007 I petitioned 10 downing street to create a National Shed Day/Week but they rejected the idea
“It was intended to be humorous, or have no point about government policy”
- If the government would not support the sheddies I would – Shed of the year competition and Shed week was started and the first ever winner is always one of my favourites.
- In 2014 Channel 4 commissioned episodes of Shed of the year as part of their Amazing Spaces series
- 2015 and another successful Shed of the year and a second run of Amazing spaces
The winning sheds so far
- 2015: Inshriach Distillery
- 2014 : Allotment Roof Shed
- 2013: Boat Roofed Shed
- 2012: Wood Henge
2011: Songs from the shed
- 2010: Lady Sarah Out of Worthing
- 2009: The Kite Cabin
- 2008: The Rugby Shed
- 2007: Roman Temple
Also you can contact me here.
Routine Information Collection
All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Controlling Your Privacy
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.