Celebrity ‘Sheddies’ Design their own sheds for Shed Week
Shed of the year sponsor Cuprinol have been busy spreading the shed love this year and have got some of the shed judges and sheddie celebs to create their own sheds – they look great.
As research reveals that 30 per cent of Brits who own a shed named it as their top inspirational place, Shed of the Year competition sponsor, Cuprinol, has commissioned celebrity shed lovers or ‘sheddies’ as they are affectionately known, to create their ultimate garden havens.
Today, they have thrown open the doors to their shed-spirations in beauty spots up and down the country for the great British public to enjoy and be inspired.
Vic Reeves, Sarah Beeny, Joanne Harris, Christian O’Connell and author Alex Johnson have designed their very own customised outdoor retreats in a range of Cuprinol colours which are now open for the public to visit.
Celebrity sheddie, Vic Reeves, comments: “I have long been a lover of the trusty garden shed and have five in my garden which I often take some time out to escape to for an hour or two.When I was asked to design my very own inspirational shed, I jumped at the chance. My design is taken from my favourite museum and I just hope it can help others to be inspired too!”
The bespoke dens took each celebrity a total of two months to create, working with a team of artists, carpenters and stylists who helped bring the individual shed creations to life.
Locations throughout the UK were then carefully picked as places of natural beauty, with each shed then transported across Briton to the stunning view points.
Visitors are now invited to visit the uniquely styled sheds to take a look inside for an insight into what inspires these five celebrities – as well as taking in the stunning surroundings.
Cuprinol Marketing Manager, Kathryn Ledson, comments:
“Sheds are becoming more and more popular as places where people can get away from the world for some ‘me time’. By getting our celebrities on-board, we wanted to create customised sheds using our gorgeous Cuprinol shades that inspire Brits to think more creativity about their outdoor spaces.
Now the general public can get a glimpse into what inspires these celebrity sheddies in some of the most beautiful backdrops the UK has to offer.”
Each shed loving celebrity has been picked because of their keen involvement with sheds:
1. Christian O’Connell’s 80’s shed is on display at Yorkshire Sculpture Park and has been coloured using Cuprinol Garden Shades Pink Honeysuckle™
2. Alex Johnson’s office shed is on display in Verulamium Park, St Albans and has been coloured using Cuprinol Garden Shades Maple Leaf™
3. Joanne Harris’s sky shed is on display in Wales on the Lleyn Peninsula and has been coloured using Cuprinol Garden Shades Forget Me Not™ and Beaumont Blue™
4. Vic Reeves’s Museum shed is on display in Northumberland and has been coloured using Cuprinol Garden Shades Sea Grass™
5. Sarah Beeny’s Kings Head pub shed is on display in Rufford Park, Nottingham and has been coloured using Cuprinol Garden Shades Beaumont Blue™